Sometimes, finding the best floor solution can be overwhelming and exhausting. Epoxy flooring is the best option for all homeowners looking for a unique and intelligent floor. Epoxy flooring is one of the leading floor coating solutions with resin and hardeners to protect the building’s main flooring and add a unique flair as it improves its safety. Surprisingly, epoxy is applicable when covering the concrete in various areas, including residential, commercial, and industrial areas. For metallic epoxy flooring in Tampa, contact us.
The durability of Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy floors have recently increased their popularity due to their safety properties and durability. Epoxy floor coating combines resin and hardener applied on a concrete slab. The combination is used in multiple layers, making the coat thicker, thus increasing its durability. Also, it creates a fast and hard bond with the underneath concrete. The sealant forms a seamless and durable flooring solution, making it more substantial than plain concrete.
Epoxy flooring is applicable in the following areas:
- Heavy Traffic
Epoxy floors are suitable in high-traffic areas. They can resist vehicle, foot, and forklift traffic. Epoxy coating endures all traffic levels with minimal upkeep compared to other flooring solutions that experience wear and tear due to high traffic.
- Heavy Loads
Epoxy floors withstand heavy loads, primarily found in fire departments, hospitals, and airport hangars. For instance, heavy machinery loads can sit on them without causing a scratch or dent. Usually, the epoxy floor has a flexural strength of over 10,000 psi. If you need to strengthen your floor further, consider having an additional urethane topcoat. This topcoat makes the surface harder to environments that need abrasion resistance.
- Heavy Impacts
Epoxy floors withstand high impact. For example, if your employees drop or drag equipment on the floor, it will remain the same without any damage, dent, or scratch. Again, this floor lasts for a long time, but if there’s any sign of a dent or scratch, it’s advisable to deal with it immediately before it worsens. Get it to fix metallic epoxy flooring in Tampa Florida because they offer healthy, clean, and fast floor removal.
- Harsh Environments
For industries that require extreme temperatures, epoxy floors are the best option to consider. Some epoxy coatings can withstand harsh environments like deep freezers. To have your floor fixed, contact metallic epoxy flooring in Tampa Florida.
Can Epoxy Flooring Resist Scratch?
The answer to the above question is yes because epoxy floor coating uses scratch-resistant ingredients. For instance, some materials like floor covers tend to be more scratch-proof than others. Moreover, it has top coatings like polyurethane which also helps the floor in the following ways:
- It makes it easy to clean
- Gloss retention
- Yellowing resistance
- Chemical resistance
The following are the advantages and disadvantages of epoxy floors.
- Appearance – Epoxy floors are professional and bright in appearance, making any homeowner enticed to use them. They have even smooth surfaces, making them easy to clean.
- Affordability – Because epoxy floors are installed directly on the concrete, it lowers the installation costs making it more affordable.
- Variety – Epoxy is available in various colors. Also, they are flawless, smooth, and shiny, making them more attractive. Moreover, epoxy is arrangeable into personalized or traditional patterns and designs.
- Safety – Epoxy floors enhance visibility by reflecting the light on the floor.
- They produce an ammonia-like smell during the installation process.
- They take time to harden completely.
- They need either concrete, steel, or wooden floor since it’s not a floor on its own.
- Slippery when wet.
- The installation process is tedious.
- Complex removal process.
As discussed above, epoxy floors are the best floor options you can have since they are durable and scratch-resistance. So, no worries when walking, dropping objects, moving furniture, and driving the vehicle on a surface. Therefore if you need metallic epoxy flooring in Tampa to get your floor fixed.